Seeing how I'm unemployed, I look for excuses to leave the house. With baseball season coming up, that won't be a problem but until Opening Day, those excuses have been quite, um, "lame".
For instance, yesterday, I took a walk to the local aquarium store.
I'm cool. And yes, this is how I look in the mornings these days
Anyhow, I was walking down Clark Street just north of Bryn Mawr when I was about to cross the street. Before I did so, just like first grade taught me to, I looked both ways. Across Clark, a girl was waiting to turn right at a stop sign on a hilariously pink moped. Pointing south, an older Asian gentleman was also stopped at the stop sign. Before crossing, I waiting to see if the girl on the moped would turn right (heading north) or go straight and cross Clark, thus crossing my path.
The girl on the moped sorta veered north, suddenly--and I have to figure accidentally--accelerated and couldn't turn in time to avoid the stopped Asian gentleman and his white Ford Middle Age Sedan. The girl realized far too late that she couldn't turn, said a very audible "OH SHIT!" and slammed into the side of the car. Not only that, at the moment of the collision, she accelerated again, dragging her moped along the side of the dude's car until she eventually fell over beyond his trunk.
The girl clearly didn't know what to do. She re-mounted her pink rocket, proceeded north a bit, stopped and turned around in her seat to see if the guy was coming at her with nun-chucks or something. The weird thing was, the guy didn't do anything. As far as I could tell, he didn't even change his facial expression. This was one stoic mo-fo. He looked over his shoulder, turned back, placed his hands at the 10 and 2 position and headed south on Clark as if a freaked out girl taking her moped out for the first time didn't just poke a dozen holes in his car.
I watched him turn left at the next street so I was able to see the considerable damage to his car. Dude just didn't care.
And then I went an saw a bunch of cool fish.
Like this one, which I'm pretty sure will be haunting Krishni's nightmares for the foreseeable future.


Many years ago while I was very huge and pregnant I was watching out my apartment window one night when a pick up (carrying a father and his two daughters) going a million miles an hour in a residential district (idiot) collided with sedan type car full of college students, who had stopped at the light and didn't see him coming (that is seriously how fast he was going). I watched as the truck flipped end over end and landed upside down. It was crazy. Thankfully they all walked out OK and no one was injured which really was a freak of nature if you ask me. By the time I got down to the street they were all out of the truck and standing around waiting for the cops to show up. P.S. - The fish is AWESOME.
ReplyDelete