2) I wore my 'God is Awesome' t-shirt to work today. I get some pretty funny looks when I'm out and about in Chicago wearing this shirt; people can never quite get a bead on what I'm thinking. It's no different at the Rabbit. While most folks get it, some people really don't know how to talk to me. He works at a place where there are naked ladies. But he's wearing that shirt! I don't know what to say to him. Crap! He's coming over here! Um, ummmmm..."You know what else is awesome? Tits."
3) That said, I really need to stop wearing this shirt out in the suburbs. Last time I wore it out there, I got stopped twice at Home Depot, the last guy grabbing my shoulder and saying "I'm happy a young fella like yourself is so proud to wear that shirt and believes in the lord Jesus Christ!" Uh, hallelujah?
4) I got some pretty amazing news yesterday. My sister and brother-in-law--Diana and Rick--recently moved their family from Evanston, IL to Denver, CO. While this did technically rip our new godson away from Krishni and me:
Pictured: Luca the Destroyer
This did bring some fantastic information to light. Has anyone ever seen that episode of South Park called "Casa Bonita"?:
Words cannot express how excited I am about this development. They really do have cliff divers (sullen cliff divers, as my brother-in-law explains), strolling mariachi players, fire jugglers, Black Bart's Cave and "world famous" sopaipillas. With honey.
I immediately texted Rick about his blog post and demanded--in no uncertain terms--that he take us to Casa Bonita when we arrive for a visit in Denver. Like, "take-us-there-the-second-our-wheels-touch-down-at-the-airport" take us there.
5) Speaking of "Mexican" food, Kalena and I hit Taco Bell for the new item yesterday: The Beefy Melt Burrito:
6) Finally, a public service announcement: For any of my peers that is a new parent or is thinking about becoming a new parent (Don't! There's still time to do all that stuff you wanted to do! Start a band! Write a book! Live you life!), Rick's blog is a must read. You can find it at http://hamanneggs.blogspot.com/. It's fabulously entertaining and contains some pretty fantastic information with which we can later blackmail my nephews. Plus, the kids are super cute:





No comments:
Post a Comment