And let my liver be the 1st to say, "Thank you!"
Nah, just kidding. While I did get a bit messed up on one or two nights, it was actually a pretty relaxing 10 days for me. There were several nights where I was tucked neatly into bed before 10pm. I really only pushed myself to the limit the day of my court hearing and even then, I was passed out by such a reasonable hour that I woke up fresh as a drunken daisy the next morning.
As you may or may not recall, I had a few goals for my bachelorhood week. Let's see how I did:
Walking a mile. Total.
I may have walked more than a mile. There is no way of knowing but I will say that I probably dropped more on cabs than I'm used to spending. I'll count this as a win for me and a loss for exercise.
Pizza. Lots of it.
You know, Brad and I got a pizza the 2nd night Krishni was gone and I never ordered it again. Granted, it was a mondo Art of Pizza pizza* and I ate off of it for the next few days but still. Dominos surprisingly didn't get a dime of my money and I am pretty sure I can throw an empty beer can from my couch and hit the store.
Movies. Bad ones.
My short list: Jennifer's Body (loved it), Predators (probably not good if you're sober), Cool Runnings (ditto), Futurama's Bender's Big Score and Bender's Game, Grown Ups (laughed harder than I ever thought I would at this movie. I still think Kevin James sucks, though), The Hot Chick (yeah. This one was not good) and Waterworld. Because it never gets old.
Drinking. Heavily.
Had a fantastic boys night out on Friday night and the last drink I ordered was a "bourbon and orange juice". Let's just say the conversation and camaraderie was better than that last drink.
Porn. Lots of it.
This was my next day. All day.
Sportscenter. On a constant loop.
I was tremendously annoyed that PTI wasn't on all week. Damn it.
Baseball. Picture-in-picture with Sportscenter.
The friggin' Sox. Just when I left them for dead they run off a 6 game win streak just to get my slim hopes pumped up before they punch my optimistic ass right in the head. College football, why won't you get here faster?!
Tacos. Lots of them.
I ate the hell out of some tacos when Mel came over to watch the season finale of Supernatural (you know, the one that aired, like, 4 months ago? Thank you DVR). And my wife will be happy to know, all tacos came with actual vegetables in addition to copious amounts of fat, sodium and cholesterol.
Mario. In all incarnations.
I did, in fact, beat Mario Wii again while she was gone. I guess what I'm saying is I did accomplish something.
Pants. Not gonna wear 'em.
Wait! Clearly I accomplished two things!
So, it was a pretty good week but I'm glad that it ends tonight upon my gorgeous wife's triumphant return. Fortunately, my bachelorhood isn't totally dead...she's returning just in time for football season! Notre Dame kicks off on Saturday! Woot woot! Get your green on, babe!
I am truly living the dream**.
*if you are not familiar with the Art of Pizza, it is this FANTASTIC stuffed-pizza joint on Ashland Ave here in the city. Folks, I've eaten a lot of pizza in my day. Far more than you. And I have never in my life eaten better pizza than the Art of Pizza. Trust me. Order today.
**I am allowed to watch the game on Saturday, right Krishni? Right? Krishni? I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment