One of the things about unemployment that no one ever tells you about is that it is sooooo boring. Sure, it sounds nice to wake up at 11 every day and not really move or shower until the later part of the afternoon, but there really is only so much TV you can watch without going a little stir crazy. As such, I find there isn't an awful lot to blog about that my devastatingly sexy readership of 7 would find remotely interesting. If I made an effort to give daily updates on my couch sitting style and hygiene, it would not only be incredibly boring but also sorta disgusting. "Haven't showered in 3 days. Watching Sportscenter again. Have eaten nothing but tacos." That's just not good reading.
However, when I start getting texts from friends complaining that I haven't blogged in a few weeks--thank you very much, Mary Kate--it's time to dust off some ideas that have been rolling around in my lately-not-so-creative brain. Over the next couple of days, be on the lookout for some seriously random blog entries. We can share in these moments together.
WELCOME BACK!!! My days will be much more enjoyable now that I can read your blog again.
ReplyDelete