It's been an interesting year, kids. I celebrated my one year wedding anniversary with my gorgeous wife--who can totally do better, by the way--and last week we finally sent out our thank you cards from our wedding 19 months ago. Look for yours in the mail today!
Sadly, my Mom died, which sucked immensely. She continues to be missed.
Speaking of suck, I went to the Bears came last week and took my Brother-in-Law, Jamie. Born and raised in the heart of Georgia, he is a true good ol' boy. To properly prep him for his first heinous winter, I took him to his first Bears game last week, against the Seattle Seahawks. Too bad the Bears forgot to show up. I think the final score was 188-7 although I might be wrong about that...we couldn't have possibly scored a touchdown, right?
We had the worlds worst seats--the only seats in the stadium, it seemed, where the sun didn't shine--up beneath the spaceship, 3 rows from the top, where ice from the exterior of the building kept falling on us. It was damn cold. However, we had been drinking since 10am and were quite insulated from the elements. Our brave southerner? Don't worry about that...the cold didn't seem to bother him:
"Fuck YOU, Seattle!!!" --Jamie
Anyhow, I wanted to say goodbye to not only 2011, but to my fearless readership of 9. I'm not permanently going away, of course. But I'm taking tomorrow off, then it's Christmas, then I have a week off and won't return to work until January 2nd. Why is this important? Well, I pretty much only blog at work these days.
You see, the neighbor from whom we were stealing wireless internet had the audacity to move away at the end of October so we now find ourselves without the interwebs. Combine that with the fact that Krishni's family is coming in town for the next 9 days and I fear I will not find the time to slip away and pound out a decent entry on my iPhone. Perhaps, if we're all lucky, I'll get liquored up on Christmas day and blog something like "Blargh shompum WINE! Bby Jesuss? Snata! WINE!".
However, if I do not get that opportunity, I just wanted to thank you for reading my other drunken comments this year. It's been fun and when I finish my "Evil Jesus" screenplay, you all will be the first to know. After Krishni, of course. And my Dad. And probably whomever Krishni tells. So, you'll be, like, the 16th through 24th people to know.
May Santa leave you coal in your stocking. Because, you know, we'll need that to keep warm once the economy collapses. It never hurts to plan ahead.
Merry Christmas, all! With or without the "Christ".

No comments:
Post a Comment