Monday, December 3, 2012

I got a little drunk last night....

Brad, Marc, Odle and I went to the Bears game yesterday.  Here's a fun game!  Try to count how many times Brad, Marc, Odle and I have gotten together and not gotten drunk.  I'll wait while you count...

Give up?  It's never happened! 

While you sit and ponder our raging alcoholism, I'll bring up another subject for you to turn over:  Forrest Gump.


Ladies and gentleman, the GOP!

My father thinks that Forrest Gump is the greatest movie of all time.  That's a difficult opinion to argue.  It won a ton of Oscars, has an excellent story and features some fabulous performances from Tom Hanks, Sally Fields, Gary Sinise and the black guy who played Bubba.  Tom Hanks, of course, won an Oscar by not going full retard. 

He knows what I'm talking about

Anyhoo, Forrest of course has a kid at the end of the movie that hopefully wasn't born with AIDS.  There's a lovely sequence to end the film where Forrest takes his kid to the bus stop, the kid asserts himself with the white trash bus driver and goes to school where he can sign his name on any given test and outscore his father. 

Forrest then sits down, drops his feather and a nice Alan Silvestri score takes us to the credits.   However, the implication is that Forrest sits on that tree stump all day waiting for his son to come home. 

So, we have Forrest sitting in the sun all day.  In Alabama. 

Forrest Gump can run real fast but he can't outrun skin cancer. 

(End scene!)

No comments:

Post a Comment