Monday, February 28, 2011

Bonzer T's Home Skillet

I was going to kick off my totally rad blog with a detailed account of my doctor's appointment today--my doctor told me I am "borderline obese" for a man my height, not "obese"...so I have that going for me--but before I could get to my witty observations and hilarious "turn your head and cough" jokes, I encountered one baffling problem for my blog: what on earth was I to call the thing? 

I didn't want to fall into the same trap as Melville and tell you that this blog was about a damn whale on the front cover.  But I also wanted to convey that my blog will be a safe refuge for the reader to bask in spelling errors and information on the the latest Taco Bell burrito.  And spelling errors. 

I thought long and hard about the problem. 

Like, really hard.

Really, really hard.

Finally I just gave up--it's what I do best--and called it "Bonzer T's Home Skillet".  Why?  I've always like the term "Home Skillet" 'cause it's fun.  And that's how I roll.  On a whim, I looked it up on the interwebs to make sure there wasn't some dark, sexual meaning known only to today's teens (tomorrows voters!) that would prevent me from running for Senate in 7 years.  What I found, on urbandictionary.com, was the following definition:

Home Skillet is a proper noun used to describe a caucasian male from rural areas who thinks he posses the same street cred as an afro-american from the "hood". This individual may be seen wearing a wave cap and a flat billed hat. The subject may also be witnessed wearing Urban apparel, gold chains, and talking in Eubonics. This term is said to have been originated in Southwestern Kansas by Mr. J. L. Wiser whilst making fun of said individual "homeskillet". AKA: Wigger

What's up G?

Not much Homey, jus chillin'.

Ah-ite then, keep it on the realz.

Peace home skillet. ....F-ing turd. 

Now, let's be honest here...who does that describe better than me?  Welcome to the Home Skillet, wiggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment